Shift Maxi Dresses Are The Best For Summer
Maxi dresses are popular throughout most seasons, but during the summer there are many reasons why a shift maxi or midi dress may be more versatile and beneficial to the hottest months of the year. See below some reasons why to reach for the maxi or midi either in your closet or when shopping for new summer threads.
5 LCM Reasons Why Shift Maxi or Midi Dresses Are Summer’s Best
Midi or maxi shift dresses can be very versatile.
- You can easily layer a shirt over the dress and wear it as a skirt.
- If the dress is casual, the shift shape allows it to be used as a bathing suit cover up. (I do this all the time, with my long casual dresses.)
- They can be belted or unbelted to create different looks.
2. Body Flattering Throughout The Day.
The shift shape is wonderful because it keeps its straight shape even when our bodies change throughout the day. As we get hot, our clothes begin to stick to us, as we eat it feels like our clothes get tighter, and as we sit and stand the shape of the shift dress typically stays as it was the moment we put it on. The shift shape keeps us looking good all day long because it is straight cut rather than fitted to our body shape like a sheath dress or body-con.
3. Air Flow.
This could be completely personal opinion, but I find that when I wear midi or maxi dresses opposed to short or mini skirts/dresses I stay cooler on hot days. The length of the dress blocks the direct sun from my legs, and the long fabric seems to catch the breeze well (even if there is a small insignificant breeze) keeping it cooler with an air flow in one of our warmest most covered bodily areas! Click here to see another time that I wore a maxi dress full of air flow possibilities.
4. Dress it UP or DOWN.
Midi and maxi dresses are super easy to dress up or down, which make them a great investment piece for the summer.
5. ALL age appropriate.
Women of all ages can feel comfortable wearing a midi or maxi shift dress. I believe everyone should wear what they feel confident wearing regardless, but shift midi and maxi dresses will last in our wardrobes as we age. Again, another great investment piece. There is nothing better than getting the most out of our clothing!
Dress: Buffalo Exchange
* The clothes pictured in this post are not new, and may or may not be available in stores. The details with links above are to inform you of the brand or store that an item was purchased.