How Long Does Ancestry DNA Test Take?
Taking The Ancestry DNA test is actually very simple and quick. The lengthy part of the test is waiting the 6-8 weeks for your DNA results to be processed.
How To Take The Ancestry DNA Test
Taking a DNA test may or may not be intimidating to you. It depends on what you are looking to get out of the test results. But to ease the anxiety, Ancestry has made the process extremely simple, easy and painless. For peace of mind, if you want to see the steps for taking the DNA test prior to ordering the test, see a quick break down below.
To see 3 Reasons Why You Need To Do The Ancestry DNA Test click here.
Steps to Take the DNA Test
1. Make an online account with Ancestry.com
3. Once your DNA Kit arrives, activate it online.
4. Do not eat, drink or smoke anything for 30 minutes before giving saliva sample.
5. Fill ¼ teaspoon of saliva into the test tube.
6. Close the test tube cap tightly; shake the tube with saliva and stabilizing fluid until mixed.
7. Place tube into the collection bag provided and seal.
8. Place collection bag (with DNA sample tube) into the small prepaid shipping box provided.
9. Mail in your sample to be processed.
10. Wait approx. 6-8 weeks for results to complete. You will be notified via email. Once notified, login to your Ancestry account to discover your ethnicity results and family connections.
And there you have it. Even though we have to wait 6-8 weeks for results, it is such a simple process to open so many doors.